Sunday, August 17, 2008

The Time Has Arrived


The Watermelon King
It popped that is a good sign.


Yes, it is a little late due to all the rain and flooding, but the watermelons are ready. Wade picked the first watermelon this week. It is a bumper crop year. In the clearing he said there were a few, but there was more in the cover. I counted over 60 so I do not know how many will be in the more. I am guessing over 200 this year. We planted 100 hills in about an acre area.


The Eaton's have many traditions, but Wade the Watermelon King is one of my favorites and I don't even really care for watermelon. HA We have lots of watermelon pictures so I am sure more are yet to follow. Two years ago we had enough for the Newton Eagles football team to stock their coolers. I hope we can do that again. And yes... Ray we remember how to look both ways to cross the highway and you can look for one to show up on your doorstep. :-)

No comments: