Sunday, August 10, 2008

The Beach



No it is not Florida, but it is Embarrass River. Sometimes I forget what is right in front of me or should I say what is right behind us. I am lucky enough to have the river right in my backyard. Because of all the rain, we did have to go up river to find a sandbar. I should tell you: Objects may appear closer than they actually are. Wade told me it would take 30-45 min. When down at the steps to the River I could see the sandbar and asked him why he said it would take so long. Current- it is the best exercise machine available to man.
However; we made it. Elly and Parker made sand castles or should I say a Fort and a Princess Palace with natural moat with some cool sand castle toys I had put back for the right occasion.


While we did not have sea shells, we had lots of muscle shells.

Wade's Quote for the day: "You want to go to the Beach... follow Me"

1 comment:

Bamp said...

What lucky children to have parents that will take them to the good old Ambraw. My dad took us boys when we were little, we took ourselves when we were REALLY NOT old enough to go. I have the best memories of swimming in the river when we were kids. I am convinced that the old Ambraw is a character builder, just look at what a character I am! Keep taking the kids to the river!!

Ray Diel