Sunday, August 10, 2008

Mexican

Anyone who knows me...knows I love El Rancherito. I eat there often. However; until the Newton's sister Restaurant Puerto Vallarta is open, I continue to cook Mexican at home. Monday we had Tacos. Food Tip: When making one meal try to make it into two. Tacos at our house on Monday translates into Enchiladas on Thursday. I make tacos like anyone else with the package seasonings and browned hamburger. We also have sides of sour cream, homemade salsa, refried beans and Spanish rice. After dinner I then make the enchiladas from the left overs: Recipe below.
Knorr's Spanish rice made by Lipton is the closest thing I have found to El Rancherito's rice. And very easy too.

Enchaladias:

Mix leftover taco meat with 1 small can of tomato sauce
(add onions and green peppers optional)

Spread refried beans on soft shells

Put meat mixture in center and roll up
Continue and layer into a 8x8 dish

Top soft shell rolls with leftover rice.

Cover in leftover salsa. This keeps everything moist.

Top with Fiesta or Colby Monteray Jack Cheese.

Cover with foil and it is ready for dinner the next day or two.

When ready to cook. Uncover and cook for 30-40 min on 375 degrees.

Garnish with more salsa, sour cream and lettuce.

No comments: