Thursday, August 7, 2008

Call Me Fern






Well we fired up the fire pit again and invited Brad and Cindy Davidson over for Chicken. The menu consisted of 4-H barbecued chicken, baked beans, bobs vegetables, mushroom and onions and cole slaw with apple pie and ice cream for dessert; however, Wade reminded me last night after they left...Didn't you make a salad? Of course I did, but I left it in the fridge. Sorry Brad and Cindy. It was semi homemade. I used bagged cole slaw with homade dressing extra green peppers and celery.

I say call me Fern because growing up I heard that a lot. That was my mom's grandma, my great grandma and she was evidently one of the best cooks especially pies, but she always left every cabinet door in the kitchen open... something I am guilty of when cooking and she always forgot to put something on the table...seems I do that too. Well I don't think any of us went hungry.




4-H barbecue chicken: 1/2 cup white vinegar, 1 TBS oil, 1 TBS water, 1 TBS Salt and a dash of pepper



Apple pie was made from apples I picked at my neighbors Jay and Kathy Green. I make the pie filling every other year when their apples do well. Thanks Jay and Kathy still enjoying them.


Tip: make 3- 4 pies at a time. They freeze well and are great to pop in the oven when having company.


No comments: