Monday, September 29, 2008

Alfredo


I found this recipe that is supposed to be Olive Garden's Alfredo. I of course have changed it a little.


4 Chicken Breasts cooked and in 1 in cubes (I only use 2)

1 lb egg noodles

1 cup mushroom

1 pint heavy cream

1 cup butter

2 tlbs cream cheese

1/2 cup Parmesan cheese

1 tsp garlic powder

(1 tlbs of salt and a dash of pepper)


1. cook the noodles as directed on box/bag. (I prefer thin spaghetti or angel hair pasta)


2. for the Alfredo sauce melt 1/2 of the butter, all the heavy cream and all the cream cheese in a small pot. add the Parmesan cheese and garlic powder.


3. simmer for 15 to 20 min on low heat


4. saute mushroom in remainder of butter and add to sauce. (I like to also add shrimp and saute my shrimp and then my mushrooms when shrimp is done. I also add 2 cloves of fresh garlic. Stan and Kim Zumbahlen's Jasper County Shrimp is best)


4. top with fresh Parmesan cheese and garnish with broccoli YUM!


Note: Zumbahlen shrimp is available this weekend turn north off of Hwy 130 between Newton and Dietrich follow the sign

No comments: