Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Beer Bread


I must first start by apologizing to any Pampered Chef or Tastefully Simple reps that read my blog, but I feel my friends and family should have this recipe.


I have searched high and low and finally found a recipe for beer bread. Myself as well as Elly love the stuff, but I always run out of the mix before someone has a party. Another thing, I dislike paying shipping costs on food. (or anything else for that matter)


I found the recipe on recipezarr, but as usual I tweaked it a little and finally Elly gives it her approval.


Beer Bread


3 cups flour

3 tsp baking powder

1/8 tsp salt

1/2 cup sugar

1 can beer

1-2 Tlbs of butter


THE KEY TO THIS RECIPE IS SIFTING THE FLOUR. You can sift once, but for best results I sift 3 times.


Sift ingredients into bowl I usually do 1 cup of flour and add 1 tsp of baking powder in between to make sure evenly dispersed. Put in all dry ingredients and add beer. Mix until blended (do not over mix) pour in bread pan and put melted butter on top. Bake on 350 for 1 hour

Note: I do no have a sifter I just use a strainer to sift the flour. You can also use a wisk. The flour should not be packed.


It is yummy!

No comments: